Re: New member. Overheating problems

Check that you have the updated version of the pipe that the switch
fits into, the switch should be on the BOTTOM of the pipe. The earlier
style had the switch on top and an air bubble would get caught under
it and then it didn't work right. Put a Fanzilla in so the switch
isn't carring the full load of the fans. Make sure there are no
combustion pressure leaks, if combustion gases are leaking into the
cooling system you will constantly have to bleed the gases out. A
leaking head gasket or cracked head can be the cause (I am assuming
this engine was overheated to have needeed head work). You may also
have to replace the circuit breaker for the cooling fans. It might be
interesting to measure the current draw on the fans, they may be
pulling too much which could damage the switch.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757