Re: [DML] improper lambda readings Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:51:34 -0400

Re: [DML] improper lambda readings Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:51:34 -0400

Hi Andy

What you are describing actually sounds right! The problem is that you
cannot look at the numbers on the meter. If it reads 30 with the O2 sensor
disconnected it means that it is actually 50%. Just foget what the numbers
are on the dwell meter scale. Look at it this way - the meter goes to 60
and
that is 100%. Then 30 will be your 50%. 15 will be 25% and so on.
Disconnect the O2 sensor and make sure you get a reading of 30. Then
reconnect the sensor (make sure the engine is warm and spark plugs are
clean - rev it up for few seconds) and the needle on the dwell meter should
move from just under 30 to just above 30. When it does, it's perfect.
Remeber, it's not the dwell that you are measuring. It a percentage of the
scale on the meter.

Good luck!
Tom Niemczewski
vin 6149 (5-speed, yeah!)

> if that is good, then on to the next problem. i am looking at the dwell
> benchmarks as listed in D:04:15 in the workshop manual. when i start my
car and
> it is cold, my needle hovers around the 30 deg area instead of the 50-60.
it