Re: Speedometer spazed out, now it doesn't register anything

Re: Speedometer spazed out, now it doesn't register anything

Is quite long thread starting with Message #33497 that covered several
owners' experiences. Search archives using "speedo" and "speedometer"
("angle" produces too many hits from "angle torquing". Can imagine
what "drive" will produce!).

Three possibilities to check:
1) loss of wheel disc/spindle cable
2) loss of right angle gears themselves
3) loss of upper/lower cable
Mine was number 1.

Start at the wheel and autopsy your way towards gauge.

BTW: if gears themselves OK, the system is repairable. My spindle
cable repair survived SEDOC at 75-80 mph.

Note gear housing is not weathertight. I recommend lubricating with
grease rather than oil.

Bill Robertson