Tuning, tuning and more tuning.

Since I had plugged the idle tube vacuum leak and couldn't find any
other vacuum leaks, I have wanted to plug my O2 sensor back in, and
let the Lambda computer try to regulate the frequency valve again.

I have a new O2 sensor. I can't find any vac leaks (which doesn't
mean there aren't any).

I hooked up the dwell meter and watched. Since it is so much cooler
here in Maryland now, the warm up took longer. Finally the O2 sensor
began sending voltage.

The dwell meter exhibited a much more consistent behavior this time
but I'm not sure it's right yet. I also read that if it wasn't
behaving right, to run a new ground from the block to the ECU
bracket. I did this but it didn't help.

The idle was a tad rougher, only noticable by ear. The tach never
wavered.

The manual says the dwell meter should fluctuate between 35-45
degrees. Mine goes to 30, climbs to 45 and just -drops- back to 30.
The range is close, but isn't it supposed to be a steady rocking back
and forth vs. a climb/drop sort of motion?

Thanks,

Rich