NEAT project D For Sale

Hey group,

I just wanted to inform everyone that I found a really neat project D for sale in Raleigh, NC. It's a one owner 32k mile EARLY '81... VIN 781! So thatmeans it's got the gas flap hood, black interior, auto transmission, and dark wheels. It's currently painted red, but the paint is faded. The car could be repainted, but it looks like the paint is already coming off in some spots, so it's possible it could be an easy strip to return it to stainless. The interior needs some tidying up... new seatcovers would really make 100% of a difference in the car. The dash and binnacle have no cracks... really the only part that looks aweful are the seats.

The best thing about this car is it will be an almost entirely cosmetic restoration... it's been nearly completely taken care of mechanically. It wentto PJ Grady's in 1996 and had over $10k worth of work done to it. It's gotall the updates and Zillas... the electrical, brake, and cooling systems have all been updated, gone through, and replaced. The car absolutely purrs... it's one of the smoothest idling DeLo's I've heard. It runs very strong,and shifts as it should (it's got a new computer governor for the tranny).The main mechanical problems I found with the car are fairly easy fixes. Some of the coolant hoses are dryrotted, the oil sender is leaking slightly,and there is some fluid leaking from the transmission. I'm not an expert on DeLo automatics... so I'm not sure if that's a big deal or not. Probably just needs a new gasket. The frame and undercarriage are perfect... one of the nicest I've seen. Just very grimy. The doors also operate nicer than any DeLorean I've ever seen. They are absolutely buttery smooth. This car hasgreat bones, it just needs someone to come and finish off the cosmetics. It'd be one heck of a fun project... I wish I had the time to take it on.

If anyone's interested in the car, contact me off list at Louie(AT)DeLorean.com and I'll hook you up with the owner. He's asking $12.5k for the car currently... but he seems motivated to sell.

Louie Golden
VIN- Coming again soon!

Pre-order the updated second edition of "DeLorean: Stainless Steel Illusion" now! Details <a href="http://www.stainless-steel-illusion.com"; target="_blank">here!</a>