From: Jonathan Lazar [mailto:jxace@xxxx]
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 2:10 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Jerky transmission (?) problem

Hello All.

I had the strangest occurrence with my DeLorean today. I was accelerating
normally from a stop in 1st gear and everything was fine until about 3,000
rpms and up. The car started to jerk violently until I shifted into 2nd.
But, when accelerating in 2nd gear the same thing started to happen until I
shifted into 3rd gear. The problem didn't occur in 3rd gear. The car
seemed to shift normally through all the gears and there weren't any funny
smells or sounds. Keep in mind this car is driven everyday and the clutch
was replaced about 6000 miles ago.

This problem occurred twice today and I barely made it home.
I was wondering if anyone experienced this problem or knows what could be
causing this. I really hope the transmission is okay.

Thanks!
Jonathan Lazar
VIN# 4494