Re: [DML] Engine Swap-Out

Jim,

Yea, I wanted to get rid of it because I couldn't figure out how to setup
the fuel system.....after racking my brain for about a week, I gave up but
then a VERY simple solution came to me after walking out into a machine
shop. Looking back, I feel pretty stupid for letting that simple thing
almost make me give up on it. Like I said, I didn't have many mechanical
skills back then so, considering everything else other than my brief delmima
with the fuel pump, it was fairly easy. I guess on a scale of 1-10 with 10
being the hardest and taking into consideration I only had basic knowledge
of how things work on an automobile but decent knowledge of a DeLorean, I'd
say it was about a 5-6.

>> I found myself in the same position as you, why dump so much money into
> 20 year old technology?

This is very true and I think the main complaint I've heard from most
DeLorean owners is "Why doesn't it have more power?" or "How can I get more
power out of my D?" At the time I did mine, Houston didn't offer the
engine upgrade, however, in my case with the problems I was having, I knew
it wouldn't be cost effective to spend $5k on an upgrade to a motor that was
giving me problems. Plus the engine swap allowed me to do things at my pace
money wise. Also, the swap allowed me to have an engine that parts are
readily available and if I really got into a jam, almost any local shop
could help diagnose a Chevy easier than the PRV engine plus get more HP at
the same time.