Re: [DML] NOT TUNED

In a message dated 9/29/03 4:15:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
john_podlewski@xxxx writes:

> Well looks like it is not just crossed wires or vacuum hoses although two
> of the hoses were not connected. Doubt that would cause my D to idle fine but
> only go 1 mph when gas is applied. I have tried checking the thermistor and
> it is connected and spark plug wires are on in correct firing order. I just
> don't know what the mechanic did to get it running this bad. I'm sure it
> can't be anything major but I can't figure it out. I'll check the timing
> tomorrow but it idles around 1000 RPM's now which better, but can't drive it.
> Any Suggestions?

my car idled at 1000 RPM until, as described in my previous post yesterday, i
had to recrimp the wiring to my idle speed switch (loose wire for ground) and
i had to remove both set screws for the throttle and put them back in
properly. if a mechanic has no idea what he is doing, he/she would probably start
playing with either the three big brass screws in the middle of the intake
manifold above the water pump (all should be lightly seated) or they might try to
play with the throttle stop screws. perhaps your lower stop screw for the
butterfly plates is down too far, causing the plates to be cracked and let too
much air in. since you didn't do the work yourself, i wouldn't doubt ANYTHING,
and suspect EVERYTHING!

just keep your cool and check things out one at a time. you will get it!

Andy