diagnosis

Quick questions does the advance solenoid valve have to be grounded cause it wasn't, just try wrapped and the vacuum lines that are connected to it where not connected right. Would that cause my problem of only going being able to go 1 MPH if at all? I'm in the process of putting every thing together but have many questions! Also no way to tell what the mechanic did, he is not talking-due to me not paying him for totally screwing up my Delorean. How unfortunate for him and I happen to notice another Delorean there when I picked mine up with the tow truck, of coarse. If the owner is on the DML I strongly suggest that he get it the Hell out of there. The name of the above mention shop is G.T CAR CENTER in Ft. Lauderdale clearly they don't have a clue!