Re: TUNE-UP GONE VERY BAD

Unfortunatly you are in the worst position of all. Not only do you
have the origional problem you took it in for the tune-up for, the
shop caused more problems. Now you don't know where to start! If you
are not experienced at diagnoses you really do need to go to a shop
that is familiar with Deloreans. Short of that if you can explain the
problems the DML could help you sort them out one at a time. To clean
out the fuel system you remove the fuel pump and drain the fuel. Now
just wipe out the tank. After inspecting the internal baffles and
hoses put it back together, add fuel and replace the fuel filter. You
may have to have the fuel injectors cleaned and tested. That should be
all you need after 4 months, it isn't that long a time. I am guessing
that your initial problem was due to the spark plugs being worn and
the ignition wires being old. In any case a full tune-up should
eliminate the problem.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, John Podlewski <john_podlewski@xxxx>
wrote:
> Got my Delorean out of the shop, yesterday it ran went I took it in
for a tune up 4 weeks ago but not anymore. Paid nothing of course,
but not only do I have to fix whatever problem the mechanic caused, I
have to clean out the fuel system due to it sitting the previous 4
months. Yes, 4 months at another mechanic Jag shop waiting for clutch
to be installed, needless to say. I got tired of waiting and did it
myself. Two things, when the car did run It hiccuped only after
shifting and