Re: [DML] Re: Engine Swap-Out (Rice Burners)

Re: [DML] Re: Engine Swap-Out (Rice Burners)

Let's leave the rice alone, eh? They're fanatical about their cars. I
woudn't say anything different about people on this list.

About the check engine lights, a cold air intake and free flow exhaust
isn't going to turn on the check engine light on "almost every one of
them". Plus, why would the engine and transmission leak if there were no
modifcations to them? This makes no sense.

Body kits and spoilers can and do create downforce, regardless of where
the engine is.

About using 100 octane gas, I hope you are not implying "knock knock
knock" that the engine is more likely to knock with higher octane. The
octane rating is the fuel's ability to resist knock. And yes, as long as
you aren't using a cat, your engine won't care much about the leaded
fuel.

I don't see how the rover v8 is the most logical engine replacement.
Considering that the Delorean has English electrics and suspension,
german fuel injection, italian design, french/swedish engine, built in
Ireland with an American Founder, I think the most logical engine is
Japanese.

About your quarter mile and changing gears, I would first aim for a 9
second 0-60, not quarter mile.

Jim
1537