Re: DeLorean model name...and other registration info

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxx> wrote:
> Hey..wait a minute. The plaque also says SOHC. As in "single overhead
> cam". Each head has it's own cam. Would that not constitute DOHC? Or
> does each head require two cams, totaling 4 to qualify as DOHC?
>
> Or did they use a different engine?
>
> Rich

The designation SOHC, or DOHC refers to the # of camshafts per
valvetrain above each bank of cylinders, not how many total are used
on an engine. So yes, the PRV used in the DeLorean is a SOHC engine.
DOHC would refer to a motor that utilizes 2 camshafts per valvetrain.

Motors that utilize a singular camshaft located above the crank, and
connect to the valves using connecting rods are refered to as Over
Head Valve engines. Or, OHV for short.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"