VIN numbering on Deloreans

Looking at Knut's list of VINs, there are only two VINS between 17707
and 20002. Doeas anyon have VINs in that range? Also, was VIN 7199
the last '81 made? The '82 series start with VIN 10000. Lastly, I
notice that the build date varies and jumps around at the end of
production. Why is that?

Shannon