      1. Re: AW: delorean power steering??
           From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Digest Number 1680 - DOA
           From: "Marvin" <marv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. BAD TUNE-UP
           From: John Podlewski <john_podlewski@xxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Engine Swap-Out
           From: Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx>
      5. Re: Re: D. O.A. Election
           From: kKoncelik@xxxxxxx
      6. Re: Regulators and lock selenoids
           From: "supermattthehero" <supermatty@xxxxxxx>
      7. Re: Starting and low idle
           From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. RE: Cross Threaded Spark Plugs
           From: "John Hervey" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. Re: Re: Bypass?  No...I think my car need therapy!
           From: "Ed Garbade" <edgarbade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     10. Re: Starting and low idle
           From: "Jake" <jkampho@xxxxxxxx>
     11. Mid-Atlantic Fall Tour Update!
           From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean@xxxxxxxxx>
     12. Re: Engine Swap-Out
           From: Louie Golden <louie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     13. RE: Bypass?  No...I think my car need therapy!
           From: "John Hervey" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. RE: Starter issues
           From: "John Hervey" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     15. RE: keeping the dmc from overheating
           From: "John Hervey" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     16. Re: idea for the group
           From: "Richard" <dmc_driver@xxxxxxxx>
     17. Power fluctuations, normal??
           From: "Adam 16683" <acprice1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     18. Re: Tires
           From: "Richard" <dmc_driver@xxxxxxxx>
     19. Re: Engine Swap-Out
           From: "Richard" <dmc_driver@xxxxxxxx>
     20. Window Motor Regulators
           From: "heningerandassoc" <heningerandassoc@xxxxxxxxx>
     21. VIN numbering on Deloreans
           From: "birdwell77095" <birdwells@xxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:50:58 +0100
   From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: AW: delorean power steering??

The BMW system is more than just power steering - it alters the force
required to turn the wheel depending on speed and on recent high end
models, even the ratio is dynamically altered. A quick search on Google
reveals several manufacturers using such a system and even some offering
retro-fit devices. But on a DeLorean? Apart from making parking easier,
would it improve the car?

Martin

Elvis Nocita wrote:

>Hes Guys, maybe a little bit late for a response, but I couldn't resist
>as we produce the motors for the new BMW eletrical power steering system.
>
>As far as I know, there's way more than just plug in a motor and it will
>work.
>My colleague who developped the motor and brought it into series got grey
>hairs from it and he didn't even install it into a car himself !
>
>There's a lot of safety stuff to be aware of when messing with this kind of
>stuff.
>
>But if somebody is really interested in doing it, I may be able to help.
>
>Elvis

Message: 2