Re: AW: [DML] delorean power steering??

The BMW system is more than just power steering - it alters the force required to turn the wheel depending on speed and on recent high end models, even the ratio is dynamically altered. A quick search on Google reveals several manufacturers using such a system and even some offering retro-fit devices. But on a DeLorean? Apart from making parking easier, would it improve the car?

Martin

Elvis Nocita wrote:

Hes Guys, maybe a little bit late for a response, but I couldn't resist
as we produce the motors for the new BMW eletrical power steering system.

As far as I know, there's way more than just plug in a motor and it will
work.
My colleague who developped the motor and brought it into series got grey
hairs from it and he didn't even install it into a car himself !

There's a lot of safety stuff to be aware of when messing with this kind of
stuff.

But if somebody is really interested in doing it, I may be able to help.

Elvis