      1. Re: PRV6  was PRV8!
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Engine Swap-Out
           From: "anaheim_21" <anaheim_21@xxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: PRV6  was PRV8!
           From: "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx>
      4. Delorean Hovercraft project coming up on Monster Garage
           From: Jeff Angwin <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx>
      5. AW: delorean power steering??
           From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita@xxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:04:49 -0000
   From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: PRV6  was PRV8!

PRV history from one of the sites I haunt:

http://members.fortunecity.com/perttim/therenault30file/id20.html

What blows my mind is production: nearly 1 million units. Originally
heard was an "odd little French engine" picked up cheap by DMC because
no one else wanted. Now know better. Still prefer my domestic blocks
of course, but JZD could have chosen worse for his car. Actually find
my R30 to be tough and surprisingly reliable. Was a learning curve for
the stupid thing (more than half of which were access issues), but
hopefully that's behind me now.

Think it'll handle yet ANOTHER trip up I-95? See you in person Oct 18...

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxx> wrote:
> Last night I was at a cruise night with the Delorean. A person stood
> staring at the motor. I asked him what he was looking at in
> particular. He said he used to work for Volvo. He did a lot of work on
> the PRV with the French. He said origionally the PRV was designed to
> be a V8. The French thought that the timing was wrong (the energy
> crisis) so they cut off two of the cylinders and made it into a V6. He
> said this is why it is a crossfire. He claimed to have seen the
> tooling for the V8. He seemed very knowledgable so I have no reason to
> doubt him. Just imagine what the Delorean would be like if we could
> squeeze a V8 into it! BTW he also commented that it was always
> difficult working with the French. This confirms the impressions that
> we got when we had Fred Dellis of Legend Industries give a talk on his
> work on the PRV with the turbos and the French. He told us that JZD
> had decided to change the engine eventually to get away from the PRV
> mainly because of the difficulty in dealing with the French.
> David Teitelbaum
> vin 10757

Message: 2