Re: [DML] keeping the dmc from overheating

Re: [DML] keeping the dmc from overheating

Dan,

I live in Arizona. We have the best summer weather to check out our
radiators and cooling systems. After I bought my car twelve years ago, I
replaced all the cooling hoses, the radiator, the overflow bottle and
connected the cooling system air bleeder to the hoses in front of the
overflow bottle. I have never had a problem with overheating in the last
twelve years in Arizona, in 114 degrees weather. I run our Delorean year
round in Arizona. On a typical summer day in the summer the temperature gets
to 114 degrees and higher. The Delorean is no different than another car
when it comes to the cooling system. Take care of the cooling system and the
car will cool itself, but you must have the car back to it's original
intended purpose for this to work--except of course for the cooling overflow
bottle and radiator. Please replace your overflow bottle and radiator--the
originals are not as good as the replacements that are available from our
suppliers. Someone else will have to help Dan and the other owners on how to
get their cars back to their original intend purposes. That is another
reason to join your local Delorean Chapter.

The cars are very good at cooling--their automatic transmissions are very
good at shifting--the problem is with the owners and the previous owners.
There is enough information on the webs for us to fix our cars for their
intended purpose. Take out the toggle switches and the "Y" connections and
replace them with the FanZilla and finally fix the automatic transmissions.

Twelve years ago I replaced my alternator, the overflow bottle, replaced all
the cooling hoses, replaced the radiator and replaced the "Y" connection
with the fanZilla--three years ago I fixed my automatic governor as
recommend by this list. I have been running the car for twelve years with no
mechanical problems. Yes, this winter I will be replacing my cooling hoses
again--I do not recommend running a car for twelve year on old hoses, and
yes,. my dash will be my next project, but my car mechanical runs like it's
in heaven.

Welcome to the Delorean list and to the Delorean globe. Sorry for the long
story.

Please check out the Delorean list, check with your local chapter and fix
the problem right the first time, but continue asking your questions to the
delorean list. We can only learn by our questions.

Dale