Trippin'

Hey all,
My wife Terry and I just got back from a Delorean road trip from Myrtle
Beach, SC to Boston, Massachusetts (where we took the car for a trade
show) , then immediately down to Atlanta, Georgia just in time for the
SEDOC, then back home to the beach. Any problems? Well, nothing that
didn't already make itself known before we left the driveway. A cracked
tailpipe (which I should have welded to strengthen) departed somewhere
along the road, but the guys at a Meinieke in NC took extreme pleasure
in whipping up a new one for very little cost. While there, the
ignition coil ($9 dealer cost, which they passed on to us!) decided to
completely conk out. So the energetic guys had one delivered while
Terry and I took our cue to eat lunch, and we were back on the road in
about an hour. No charge for install! (Of course, we let them pose and
take pictures with the car.)
The D performed wonderfully and it's hard to pick the best part of the
trip because there were so many great things! Zooming around the race
track course with the SEDOC was the final blast.
How much total asphalt did we invite past our tires? 2733 miles worth!
And the Time-Car seemed most happy to oblige!
Oliver Holler
10694