Re: [DML] HIGH IDLE

It is very likely that the thermistor came unplugged. Saw this issue on another Delorean after other fuel issues. We just never thought about the sensor at first as we hadnt directly bothered it but it did manage to come off. Was able to get it plugged back in via the back and a bit of time feeling around.

Martin Gutkowski wrote:

2000rpm is more than can be adjusted for but tweaking the throttle plates, or seating the brass screws all the way down. My guess would be the idlespeed thermistor under the intake manifold has become unplugged - this makes the idlespeed computer think the engine is continually stone cold. This can be tested from the idlespeed computer, but I don't have my Renault manual handy to look up the pin-outs

Pretty certain it ain't a clogged injector, unless your mechanic has deliberately set the idle that high because it stalls any lower.

Martin

John Podlewski wrote:

Got my Delorean running today, mechanic says it was a bad acumulator and a
clogged fuel line to the injector. However, it idles high says there now is
another clogged rubber fuel hose(the one that goes to an injector to the
fuel distributor). Don't know if he knows what he is doing, but he did get
it running? But he says that is what is causing it to idle so high around
2000 rpm's is he right or just wasting time and ofcoase $$$$?