Re: Sean Corbett

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "checksix3" <jetjock11@xxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
> And it's been said before and I'll say it again: Get a life. It's
> just friggin car...and not a very good one at that.

You know, many of us here are very passionate about our cars, which is
quite obvious not only by past threads, but by the outrage many here
have outright expressed with this particular topic. But just because
you don't fully agree, or for whatever other reason you may have, that
does not make it acceptable to slam our cars.

If you're unhappy with your car for whatever reason, or if you just
don't like the people here, or elsewhere involved with the scene, then
leave. Sell your car, cut your losses, and move on. It's not the first
time that someone has got a DeLorean, and then changed their mind, and
it certainly isn't the last. There's nothing wrong with that at all,
and even I have had instances where I've purchased a vehicle, and
decided to sell it, because it really wasn't what I wanted. And if
someone choses to do the same, that's fine. But please do not try and
bring everyone else down on your way out.

While you own, when you drive, and whenever you post, we all represent
each other. These archives are NOT private, and are open to everyone
who wants to see them. For many owners (myself included), the mailing
list here has been the single best source of positive DeLorean
information on the internet. And while the restoration of a car isn't
always the easiest task, and everyone here may never agree 100% of the
time, saying that the DeLorean is "...not a very good one (car) at
that." is TOTALLY false. I myself, and many others here use their cars
as daily drivers. And if I didn't think that the DeLorean was a great
car in terms of both safety and reliability, I wouldn't have purchased
one, let alone drive it daily. Not only do I depend upon my car
getting me to, and from work, and everywhere else, I'm willing to bet
my own life on it's safety abilities by risking driving my DeLorean in
everyday, rush-hour traffic, as do others. And THAT is how great a
DeLorean automobile truly is!

Now if you don't happen to feel the same way, that's fine. And if
you've had a bad experience with the restoration/operation of your
car, I'm genuinly sorry to hear that, and I'm sure that everyone here
on the list would be more than happy help you out. Which is of course,
the reason that we're here. But by the same tolken, just because one
car/owner has a bad experience, doesn't mean that's the norm, nor
should that be projected out.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"