Re: [DML] Re: The Car that eats speedometers

Re: [DML] Re: The Car that eats speedometers

In a message dated 9/15/03 5:30:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
jtrealty@xxxx writes:

> Make sure the plastic drive disc is FIRMLY captured between the rim
> and the hub.

Also you may want to check if the Lambda counter gears are binding. if they
are working intermittently they could stop the cable with the wheel still
turning and strip out your drive disc (which is what is supposed to happen rather
than destroy the angle drive), or if you already reinforced the disc with glue
or something it could wreck the angle drive.

I believe grady's drive (with synthetic molybdenum grease) does not need to
be lubricated after installation ( well obviously after a few years maybe, but
not like the older one with plastic gears).

there is also a bracket grady sells that will hold your lower cable away from
the wheel and brakes when turning. might want to install that too.

Andy.