wiring harness...

Changing out the harness is kind of a drastic move. If I went to that
bother I'd make a new one and not use an inferior NOS part. The
electrcial system and wiring is this car's achilles heel.

Better is to simply repair one problem at a time. Most (but not all)
circuit functions on the car are independent and respond well to
repair. Focus on one issue at a time, it could even lead you to a
common problem (as in grounding) that will clear up others as you go
along.

My car was an electrical mess when I got it, now it's as reliable
as can be. Not to mention far safer. This involved treating one
problem at a time as well as correcting the design deficencies of the
factory. In it's stock form, (even when you get the wiring working
correctly) it's still in many respects a giant toaster.

If you can't do this yourself I reccomend taking it to someone who is
electrically savvy and have them use the best materials available.
For me that was aerospace stuff: AMP PIDG terminals, gold Mate 'N Lok
connectors, tefzel wiring, adding additional grounding and relays
where needed, etc. Do it right and you'll never have another problem.
Just be sure to professionally document all the changes you make.