Tuning idle speed circuit

Johh, permit me to give you change back for your 2 cents.

Where is the slight correction? Everything Martin stated is correct.
While what you state is true, it's only valid during warmup.
It's hard to have WOT enrichment without CPR enrichment? That's
exactly how it's done after warmup. Control pressure is maxed and
stays at that value. On a stock D there is no vacuum supplied to the
CPR (and no acceleration enrichment) after warm up. And as Martin
states, the ignition advance is disconnected during warm up. These
vacuum sources are swapped when the thermo valve changes state at
appx 130F. Quoting from the manual does not impy an understanding of
how the CPR operates. The CPR is pretty much dead weight after
warmup, seving only as a static regulator to keep control pressure at
it's maximum regulated valve. Listen to Martin and H. McElcraft, they
seem to understand the details of how this stuff actually works.

As for the delay valve, it's speced at 10 seconds but fwiw, I've
never seen one take that long to bleed down.

I've removed my CPR and use a digital controller that performs both
warmup and acceleration enrichment by PWM. It also permits full
manual mixture management, allowing tuning by EGT. This improves
highway fuel mileage and allows tuning for either best power or best
economy during steady state cruise conditions. (Anyone knowledgable
about operating piston powered aircraft engines will be familar with
these techniques.)

It switches back to an auto mode when it senses load changes. The
stock CPR does not allow mitxure control after warmup, leaving it to
the FV for emissions and to the airflow sensor geometry for
acelleration. The facts are that mixture tuning can be done by
manipulating either control pressure or FV duty cycle. If you do it
with CP you need to fix the FV duty cycle during that time or the
Lambda will attempt to correct your "mistake".

After all, the Lambda system does not provide true stoichiometric
combustion...it's shifted slightly to the rich side of peak EGT. Full
control via the FV is a better way, leaving a static control pressure
to provide plunger damping and to set the range the FV will operate
around. (Controlling both at first provides a wide lattitude for
experimentation if you've seriously modified the engine in any way.)

EGT monitoring (or by feedback loop) replaces the O2 sensor signal
during this time but you'd better have a way to switch it back duirng
load changes. For long highway drives over flat terrain you can't
beat this system. You can even run slightly lean of peak as long as
the induction air distribution is fairly decent, as it is in the
stock D. An added benefit is that it keeps your pistons and valves
very clean.