sylvania silverstar conversion

Hey group,

i finished installing a set of four Sylvania Silverstar sealed-beam
headlamps. aside from the usual griping about the screws for the headlights being
difficult to access under the fascia, it is simple to do because you just swap
bulbs as opposed to using newer technology which requires more parts and possibly
a new power source and balasts.

the light output is significantly improved, in fact it's about as bright as
the projector headlamps with 9006 Silverstar capsules in my '94 Lexus ES300.
however, it isn't as focused, partly because the light seems to reflect off of
the fascia, causing streaks of light on the ground that don't really need to
be there. but then again, i'm also comparing projectors to sealed-beam lamps,
and in that respect, the silverstars are definitely worth upgrading to if you
don't want to spend a ton of money but get quite a bit more light for safety
and so you don't feel so blind on the interstate!

i ordered (2) LH4656 lamps and (2) LH4651 lamps from Sylvania.com for about
$90 shipped. In my opinion, this was a good option for a car i really don't
drive all that much, especially at night, as opposed to $700 and up for HID or a
capsule conversion!

Andy