Re: [DML] door vapor barriers...necessary?

Re: [DML] door vapor barriers...necessary?

You could kill two birds with one stone and invest in some Dynamat sound insulation. It comes in large self adhesive sheets You can buy it on ebay for peanuts compared to retail

I think the original adhesive was a hot glue gun.

Martin

Hi there,

In the midst of a day-project adjusting my door latches and locks, I removed
the plastic vapor barriers from both doors. Now it's time to put the door
back together and it seems as though the sticky stuff that was holding it on
is no longer sticky. How necessary are these things? I don't plan on ever
driving my car in the rain, and my door trim panels are all backed with
plastic (not cardboard like some cars which I understand could warp from
moisture).

So how necessary are they, and if they are necessary, what is the sticky
stuff called that I would need?

thanks,

Matt