Re: Delorean Question

Well Dan - I'm sure that there are countless ways to answer your
question, but here is my input ... The mystique surrounding the entire
DeLorean story, the timeless design, the gull-wing doors and stainless
steel skin all combine (with many other factors) to create a car with
a "cool factor" that blows the other two away (IMHO). If you park a
nice DeLorean next to an NSX, the Acura will get a passing glance as
the people walk over to get a better look at the D. Also, anybody
with a checkbook can own a Dodge. Are the other two cars faster than
the DeLorean? Yes. So, it depends on whether you want to own an
upgraded Honda or Dodge, or a car with the depth of a great and
mysterious story and history behind it. Check this out sometime ...
people will walk up to a Viper, an NSX, a Ferrari, or whatever, and as
often as not will frown at it, as if to say that "obviously, the owner
of the car did something wrong to get the car". In my 15 years of
DeLorean ownership, I can't think of anybody who didn't walk up to the
car with a smile or look of awe and wonder. Of course, they then open
their mouths and ask a lame question about cocaine in the doors or
whatever, but that's part of the charm. Definitely comes down to
personal choice.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dan McNasby <dan_mcnasby@xxxx> wrote:

> I am very interested in buying a Delorean but would like to know
what are the relative merits of the DeLorean over the Following Cars
(basically, why buy the delorean over the following) are: