Re: [DML] Starting is such sweet sorrow

Ok, if it won't turn over when warm except with starting fluid then
it's not your cold start valve.

If it's your control pressure regulator being stuck in a "warm"
condition I would expect the engine to run a little rough until it
warms up. Is this the case? No...because when the engine is warm it
still won't start. Hm. Ok so the CPR may be WAY out of whack then.

As Dave has said, ensure that the setscrew is closing the idle
microswitch when the throttle plates are at rest. If your idle
regulator is cut out of the ckt, it may not have enough air to start.
(choked off?)

Ensure the idle regulator isn't stuck. Make sure it buzzes (That
doesn't prove much tho. mine was a rusted piece of junk and it buzzed)
The valve should open all the way, then slowly close over a period of
3-5 seconds when you first energize it. (Key pos II or "run"). (Again,
choked off)

When cranking, and NOT using starter fluid, do you smell a lot of
unburned fuel? When it's running do the fumes drive you away? (Flooding?)

How well does it drive? Lots of power? Smooth idle? (Too lean)

I would check these things BEFORE messing with the CO screw. It's such
a pain to set.

I think you have no air, or not enough fuel to start. But we'll see
what your answers are.

Rich

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews