Re: Costs for Driving to Pigeon Forge

Slight math error - based on your numbers 4400 miles at $0.25 a mile
= $1100, not $110, so the total "opportunity cost" is more like
$2200. Although one could certainly do better than $100 a night for
roadside motels.

I hear Dick's argument, but not everyone can take two weeks off for a
weekend event....time is more often the necessitator of this sort of
thing.

Dave

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bob Brandys <BobB@xxxx> wrote:
> I have received a number of inquiries regarding shipping verses
driving
> cars to PF.
>
> The cost comparison from the West Coast (LA) is
>
> 3 days driving time (each way) = 5 nights in motel @
$100/night = $500

=
> $150
>
> Wear and tear on car(oil change, tires, etc.) 4400 miles @ $.
25/mile =
> $110
>

> $1,200
>
> Lost vacation time (unless you like driving) 6
days
> (Price ?)
> Risk cost of an
accident