Re: WARNING - eBay auction fraud!

This has nothing to do with Joe's experience but it is a BIG problem
on E-bay as well.

BE VERY CAREFUL IN ACCEPTING CASHIER'S CHECKS OR BANK CHECKS!

There have been many instances of counterfeit checks. While it is
true a bank will give you cash when you present such a check when it
is "bounced" back to them they WILL deduct it from your account.
Before accepting a cashier's check you should call the issuing bank to
verify it's authenticity. That or deposit and wait 2 weeks before
delivering any merchandise. This means you cannot sell a car on a
weekend unless the deal is CASH! These checks look like the real deal
but they ARE NOT!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fedeli, Joe (DSCP)" <Joe.Fedeli@xxxx>