Re: Tuning Idle Speed Circuit. (John Hervey)

Re: Tuning Idle Speed Circuit. (John Hervey)

I know you asked for John but I am offering my advice too.
When you adjust the mixture screw you MUST remove the wrench and plug
the hole over the screw and THEN check the analyzer. Otherwise you
have a large vacuum leak and will not get an acurate reading.
If turning the brass screw won't have any effect either both of the
other 2 are closed, something is plugged up, or the throttle plates
are not closed all the way. If the motor isn't warming up well check
the vacuum circuit to the control pressure regulater and if that
doesn't help you might have to replace it. Also check the thermistor
for the idle circuit. It is supposed to tell the idle ECU to increase
the idle until the motor warms up. If the engine is very rough it
could need a tune-up and clean the fuel injectors.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rustproof" <Rustproof@xxxx> wrote:
> John,
> The engine was set up at normal operating temperature with both fans
running
> and A/C off. I have set the CO using an exhaust gas analyzer. The
method of
> adjustment was to simply let the tool sit in the screw head without any
> downward pressure turning 1/16 to 1/8 at a time. I can't seem to set
my idle
> at 950 with the O2 sensor plugged in. If I attempt this it swings
wildly as