Re: hissing Mode switch

If it hisses in any position it is in need of at least lubrication.
The rubber disk has tiny channels in it and the edges wear. The best
thing to do is to just get a new one. It isn't that easy to get to the
mode switch so when you take it out you might just as well replace the
rubber part. The real problem here is when it is all dried up (after
20 years) and you turn it you run the risk of breaking the plastic
parts because it is so hard to turn. When done right it should turn
very smoothly and easily and not hiss in any position.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Phil Priestley <phil@xxxx> wrote:
> *This message was transferred with a trial version of
CommuniGate(tm) Pro*