From: cruznmd [mailto:racuti1@xxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 11:04 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] O2 sensor damage?

Can you ruin an O2 sensor with a super-over rich condition or with
excessive heat, say from a glowing cat?

The dwell meter on my car says the lambda computer and hence the freq
valve are not operating properly.

Since I've been told by multiple sources that the ECU almost -never-
dies, the O2 sensor is the most logical next item. The problem is,
mine's nearly new. I did have it installed way back when my fuel
system was totally hosed. I got the cat converter to glow cherry red
a few times.

Thanks,

Rich

moderators@xxxx