Re: [DML] Rear View Mirror

If your current mirror is attached by the original sticky pad, you should be able to get it off by applying a firm and constant pressure parallel to the glass - I usually push it down towards the windscreen vents. The pads are designed as a mechanical "fuse" so if you do accidentally knock the mirror, it falls off, rather than breaking the glass, which can happen all too easily if someone has glued it on with araldyte.....

BTW I discovered a source of DeLorean rear-view mirrors recently,. they were used on a very common car in England up to about 5 years ago (so lots of them in scrapyards). The interesting thing is that they have a blue tint to them

Martin

id wrote:

My old mirror is still attached to the windshield but the night and day part of the
mirror is broke.

I have a new mirror with the attaching tape from DMCH and i would like to know the best
way to get the old mirror off my windshield so i can replace the broken mirror?

Mark
6683