Re: Slow acceleartion after rain

Sounds like a voltage drop in the primary coil voltage. The
connections going to the voltage resistor and coil need to be
cleaned up. Put some "bulb grease" on the connections after you
clean them real well. Clean ALL of the connections. When I lived in
Houston I experienced similar problems.

If it just happened when driving I would say you need to put some
silicone on the back side of the distributor cap. Driving in really
heavy rains would always spray lots of water on the distributor cap
and moisture would get into my distributor cap. The location of the
cap is such that the rain spray is like spraying water up on to the
underside edge so, without seal water gets in.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "c247852" <FSMinc@xxxx> wrote:
> I have a 6,000 mile Delorean I use only for running short errands
> and it always runs perfectly...except after a good Florida rain.
> When I go to start it, it fires up quickly and normally, but when
> press the gas, it goes but it feels very sluggish, even as I
> accelerate through the gears. After awhile it starts to improve
> (presumably after the cars heat evaporates the troublesome
water.)
> It does this even if the car hasn't been driven in the rain - in
> other words if its just been sitting out in the rain. When I open
> up the engine compartment it is dry as a bone - no water appears
> be getting into the throttle where the air/gas mix? The only
ports
> of entry for water appear to be where it is supposed to be open to
> the elements such as the side air intake by the far rear side
window
> or the drains in the front windshield (maybe its getting into the
> gas tank through the worn out gas cap boot?) Maybe splash from
under
> the car is getting in somewhere...but then again it does this if
its
> just been sitting in the rain and not splashing through water.
Any