Re: [DML] Project Car Available

The station owner may probably still have the owner's name & address. Contact him (or have the DMV contact him) and have him sign over the title. If he refuses, there may be legal recourse against him. Orig. titles are good to have; salvage titles can be a headache down the road. There ARE ways to find the DMC owner. You have all the pertinent veh. info. Sic 'im! Drive Stainless Robert VIN 6924 Sp Tag- AgBULIT

From: "media1524" <brentlun@xxxx> Reply-To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [DML] Project Car Available Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:31:57 -0000

Hello List,

I had been playing tag with the owner of a local service station for
the past several months. Back in May a spectator at a car show asked
if my car was the one that was parked behind his station. I checked
it out and sure enough it was there. I finally got to talk to the
station owner on Monday.

Here is what he told me: The car has been sitting for 12 years. A
customer who had a dispute over a bill abandoned it. For 9 years it
was kept inside but was moved outside about 3 years ago and covered.
The cover disintegrated and it has been totally exposed to the
elements since last winter. The station owner does not have the
title and told me that to title it, it would have to be declared
salvage and given a reconstructed title. Since he does not a have a
salvage license he does not want the hassle and may sell the car for
parts.

I stopped to look at the car on Tuesday, here is what I saw:

September 1981
#SCEDT26T7BD003954
Not running
No title (abandoned)
Last registered in 1991
Hood groves, No flap
5 Speed
34,180 miles
Black interior, Dark grey carpet
Seats fair with minor scuffs & cracking
Dash cracked
Binnacle cracked
No upgrades
Small ding in hood, Dent in LF fender
Other stainless is good
All glass is good
Fascias need refinishing, Eyebrows
Minor surface rust on frame

I am currently looking into what I have to do to get a title for this
car so that it can be sold.

This car is not on Knut's register.

With the recent thread about not parting out cars I thought someone
might be intrested in this project car. Contact me off line if
intrested.

Thanks,
Brent lundgren
1983 #17006