Tech Session/cruise - Western PA - Pittsburgh

Tech Session/cruise - Western PA - Pittsburgh

As I mentioned in a prior post I was hoping to have another tech
session(and maybe a mini cruise to a local weekly car show -Danny's
in Bethel Park) sometime in August. That time is looking to be
Sunday, August 24th. I will have a rain date as I want as big a
turnout as possible but that date has not been solidified yet. The
last session was great and there were a lot of resources there
(though this time I actually would like to focus on OTHER people's
Ds). Hopefully, we will have torsion bar adjustments, oil changes,
POSSIBLY emissions testing, and whatever other projects we can get
done in a day, within reason. For example, last time we got all THIS
done on my car (granted we had all this experience there, and only
two Ds:(-):

Replaced oil sender
Replaced Fuel accumulator (with surrounding hoses, thanks Dan P./Dave
S. !!!!)
Replaced angle drive (well, ok, Dave S. pretty much did this single-
handedly)
Replaced Rear Springs (Man, was that thing a pain to get off on the
right side)
Replaced TABs (I don't think one was supposed to have a 135 degree
bend in one side....OK, this was pretty much ENTIRELY Dan P and Dave
S.)
Adjusted passenger side torsion bar

We also got to see the cool stuff Pete Lucas has done to his car and
help his fix his vacuum leak.

5497 has been running great since then! The things I'd like to tackle
this time around are small. I'd like to re-seal around the rear
quarter windows and change the speedo cable (also replacing the
bracket). That's it. I want the focus to be more on the people's cars
that could not make it last time. Try to bring your D, as we will be
scheduling a rain delay. Significant others are welcome. I will
probably be providing the basic essential food (Hot Dogs, Hamburgers,
Beverages....mmmm, beer). Contact me off-list to confirm your
attendance, what work you'd like to do, and I will e-mail directions.

Folks who were in attendance last time and (I hope) are coming again:
Pete Lucas (the only other D in attendance, darn that rain!!!)
Chris Bowman (who's D is in another state, at least it WAS, is it
back yet?)
Jeff Porter (the documenter, and photographer)
Dave Stragand (needs no intro, ProjectVixen.com, 'nuff said)
Mr. and Mrs. Dan Plakosh(wow, talk about a guy that could have lost
patience with all the work he did with my accumulator but didn't)

You're welcome to bring your D just to show it off!!

Dom Diaz
VIN 5497