Re: [DML] Parting out Deloreans...

The VIN should really go with the chassis.

This makes me wonder about the legality of the stainless replacement
chassis, and what happens to your VIN.

If someone buys the stainless frame and sells the used one, and then
someone else builds a "new" car on the old frame, the person with the OLD
frame should have the VIN. I wonder what this does to the value of the
stainless frame car? Maybe you could change the name of the car and not
get any more BTTF jokes.

Jim
1537 chassis.

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 06:50:37 -0000 "Adam 16683" <acprice1@xxxx>
writes:

> Would a vendor want to buy this car? D1, DMCH, PJGrady, they need
> cars to refurbish and sell right? I heard that at one time a vendor
> was buying deloreans for $10,000 a pop. If the irreplacable parts
> like the underbody are okay then thats something at least.
>
> What happens to the VIN number? Can the VIN tags be attached to a
> newly constructed car and sold this way?

> address:
> moderators@xxxx

> www.dmcnews.com

> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews