Re: [DML] Alternate side-stripes on Ebay DMC

Re: [DML] Alternate side-stripes on Ebay DMC

This car has been on ebay a couple of times in the past year. I'm certain it's a custom job... it's an imitation of the wide black stripe... but it's not an exact copy... it's more of a caricature. I have an old documentary which covers the DeLorean saga from 1977 to mid 1981, and there is a scene in the factory where they are looking at several different colors for the fascias, and if you look closely at the cars behind them, there are 2 or 3 cars with side stripes styles that never made it to production. I kind of doubt this car is one of those, because if you look closely at the "DMC" on the front fenders, it's kind of funky looking... clearly not original DeLorean stuff.

Louie Golden
VIN 10115 Sanford, NC

Pre-order the updated second edition of "DeLorean: Stainless Steel Illusion" now! Details <a href="http://www.stainless-steel-illusion.com"; target="_blank">here!</a>