Re: [DML] Parts Available

***** Moderator's Note *****
We aren't plowing any new ground here. Please consider this
thread closed.

Mike G - Moderator of the weekend

*****

Ok, normally I don't get involved in these arguments, but seeing as it has
gotten out of control like it has, I feel the need to put my 5 cents worth
in.

First, my car was in horrible shape when I bought it. With the exception of
the frame and the main components of the engine,t there's not much on it
that hasn't been repaired or replaced. yet mine was driveable, and it was
in solid form. My final cost of repairs and replacement parts on it was in
the area of 10,000 dollars. Now, if Ken feels this strongly that this car
can't be completely repaired without a massive cost on the end, then I for
one believe him, and think it best that a car be parted out to save some
others rather than continue to deteriorate where it can do no one any good.

Second, we are talking about Ken Koncelik. How much has he already done
for the DMC marque? I myself know I have numerous parts that he has helped
to or had manufactured himself on my car (door seals and pickup hose to
mention a couple) as well as the magazines, not to even mention the shows.

Third; anyone who feels this strongly about not parting out a car, there is
a simple solution to it. Buy it from Ken. That would end this whole
discussion once and for all.

I guess my point is this. We are so quick to jump on the wagon to point out
the faults in destroying a classic car that we aren't thinking on the end
view. Currently there is a car 2 miles from my house that has sat in a
backyard for about 5 years. It suffered massive flood damage in Texas. It
has been sunbaked in the Florida sun. All the black plastic in the
electrical compartment is now brown. Does this make me a bad De Lorean
owner because I don't want to buy it and send it to NY or Houston to put
25000 dollars into fixing it, but believe it should be parted out rather
than completely destroyed by the advancement of the elements on it? If it
does, then someone call me, because I'll put you in touch with the owner
immediately.

Scott