Re: [DML] Dmc parting out/another view point (DeLorean Car Show)

Re: [DML] Dmc parting out/another view point (DeLorean Car Show)

I agree with Ron on customizing these cars and hoped to do the same with this
one when I had my Save the DeLorean thoughts after I got it home. I even
started on the seats but I wish this car was in as good of condition as his was or
even near it. It would have become my custom car as I am still looking for
and have asked all the vendors to look for me for a car with a trashed
interior.

I usually do not get involved with these types of posts but decided to
anyway. I have enjoyed the Parting out discussion and have actually gotten to know
one of the persons who (Trashed me) LOL pretty well and he now understands
what I had and is a cool person.

Thanks all for allowing me to get a bit involved in this forum a bit
different than you are used to seeing me

The reason for me buying all of these cars is to generate cash to find a car
to use as a raffle car for the next DeLorean Car Show. None of the ones I
bought worked out as they all required more work than the raffle would generate.
Remember (Cost + Repair = $15K to 20K in most cases) The Show needs to
generate revenue to pay for the convention halls. I try to keep the costs down but
this show is getting too large to do outdoors due to the weather factors. I
can do what I am doing and keep your costs down or spread the $15K or so for
convention centers to each attendee. I think the lower show costs are
desireable especially for our younger participants.

I hope you all partake in the raffle as all the profit (if any) will go to
the show. At the very least there will be one new DeLorean owner.

I have found a car that I think will work thanks to one of our vendors and
they unselfishly let me purchase the car when they could have bought it. I
need to refurbish it. Its not for sure this is the car yet but so far with my
past experience this looks like a strong possibility I will know for sure next
month when I get a chance to look at it closely.

The good side is there are Three DeLoreans out there running and in concours
or near concours condition that were in fields and barns last year.

Thanks for the positive feedback most of you posted privately and I
appreciated the support,

Ken
DeLoreancarshow.com
DeLorean Car Show Inc