Re: My New DeLorean (VIN 1063) and Fuel Pump Pickup Repair

Re: My New DeLorean (VIN 1063) and Fuel Pump Pickup Repair

The way you fixed the stud in the tank is EXACTLY the way to do it.
You have to make sure that when you install the fuel pump you don't
turn the pump and kink the hose. The spring is OK but not a
requirement. Just make sure you reassembled the fuel baffle and
pick-up corrrectly with the wires to hold it all down right. It isn't
easy to do with one hand but is important to get right. Be very
certain there are no fuel leaks anywhere. Wipe out any dirt in the
fuel tank. Next you should consider replacing the fuel filter, oil
filter, motor oil, air filter (if needed). Get a set of the Workshop
Manuals, Parts manuals. You should also flush and fill the brake
system, clutch, trans, and cooling systems with fresh, new fluids
unless you know for a fact that the previous owner did it. The brake
system for example is supposed to be flushed out EVERY 2 years!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757