Brake Master Cylinder Question.

Gearing up for my next project with the D, I need to tackle my brakes. And I'm
currently examining the Brake Master Cylinder. Without a doubt, I'd like to just
replace the unit entirely. Especially since the Clutch M/C had been improperly
repaired, and had "booger welds" on the connecting rod. This past history of
improper maintenance from an incompetent owner always makes me leary,
hence the need to replace everything. However, I have a bit of a unique
situation with mine.

My system is tight, and has no leaks what so ever. Except in the winter. When
my car sits in cold temperatures for more than a day, I will develope a steady
leak from the M/C but not inside the car, nor on the connecting lines. Tracing
everything back, The leak is occuring between the M/C, and the reservoir, at a
rate where my warning light will trip about every 2 weeks or so depending
upon use. It's as if the cold contracts the rubber, reservoir seals to allow the
leak.

Now looking into this, I'd like to replace the M/C, and I see that all vendors sell
the M/C unit either with, or without the reservoir. But none appear to sell the
reservoir by itself, nor do they sell the rubber seals for the reservoir. The two
seals are pictured in the Parts Catalogue, but do not have an specific part #'s
listed for them. They're just listed as a part of the reservoir kit, that one one
sells. And this was confirmed some time ago when I spoke with DMC Joe
about it.

My reservoir appears to be in good shape, except it is a bit yellowed. And that
to me isn't enough to warrant replacing it. But since all rubber seals do wear
out with time, but you can't buy these two particular seals individually, then
why do the vendors even bother to sell units w/o reservoirs that may require
them?

Has anyone else ever had this problem? Or am I looking at yet another
unique problem with my car, due to the fact that this component too fell victim
to a history of improper repairs?

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"