Re: [DML] ? angle drive demise

Well..... after 21 years of faithful service, my angle drive is not co-operating. It began to work spasmodically (8-10 mi. then the needle bounces & dives to 0); so I pulled the cables, cleaned & lubed them, added lube to the angle drive, & it sort of worked. I could turn the a-d cable by hand, but would occ. notice a "catch" in the rotation. Spinning the tire fwd - no (lower) speedo cable response. Spinning BKWD I can feel the (lower) speedo cable turn in my fingers. Hmmm. So.... How does one get around the interfering brake line to get to angle drive; what size wrench removes it from the rotor; & what tips suggested for repair? I don't like having parts inoperative. I can also be contacted at e-mail as above. MUCH thanks in advance. Drive Stainless Robert # 6924 Sp Tag: AgBULIT