Re: Car runs then quits Electrical problem.

Re: Car runs then quits Electrical problem.

The most common causes of this symptom are a bad connection at the
white ballast resistors or a bad pick-up coil in the distributer. You
are also correct a bad ECU module can cause this too but before you go
there check all the connections. A bad connection can make the ECU
look bad. Just the process of swapping an ECU may "fix" a bad
connection and lead you to conclude the 1st ECU was bad when it was
really a connection you disturbed. If you have 2 or more car just swap
parts until you can get the trouble to move to the other car. Then you
know for sure you have the "litttle troublemaker". ECU's do not seem
to have a high failure rate.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kKoncelik@xxxx wrote:

> Here is a problem I have had on two cars.
>
> The car starts normally and runs fine. All of a sudden it quits
> Diagnosis : No spark.
> There is power to the coil and when you put power to the key you can
get a
> spark (one) across a plug when going direct from the coil)
>
> After sitting it will start again for a while. (Sometiomes minutes
sometimes
> a half hour) One car went totally dead the other still starts on
ocassion.