Re: [DML] odd noise!!

Paul Salsbury wrote:

> I've acquired an odd noise!!
>
> Best described as the sound of someone in a distant
> room sucking the last dregs of a glass coke (ie
> muffled) or the sound of water moving very fast under
> pressure through a hose pipe.
>
> Now where's it coming from? Sounds like behind the AC
> panel.

This sounds like a vacuum leak from the AC selector switch. Remember, that switch
selects both electrical connections and vacuum routes, regardless of whether you have air
conditioning or not. Change positions of the switch and jiggle it. If the sound changes
you've found your culprit. But even if the sound doesn't change the problem could be the
vacuum inlet (actually air outlet) line.

The DML backissues feature many discussions of repairs to this system.

- Mike Substelny
VIN 01280 9 years