Re: [DML] Re: Car just won't stay running?

Re: [DML] Re: Car just won't stay running?

You didn't specify, but I gather when you say that you can back up just fine, but stall going forward that you have an automatic transmission.

Ah, you're exactly right. I knew I forgot to mention some important detail like that.

If you do have an auto, it could be transmission related. I hear tell that the governor computer gets very wierd when it breaks.

I was concerned about that; I have been doing the ill-advised jump starting on the car, as I've had problems where it won't start after I've driven it someplace, shut it off, and tried to start it again later.

I'm also having a probable transmission problem that may be related. The issue is that it will sometimes just rev instead of shifting into second gear. If I stop and put it into Park and the Drive again, it works might work fine, it might still not work, or it might rev for a half second before catching into second gear.

To me, that sounds like the autotrans computer, but I'm just taking a wild guess here, so I figure it could possibly something else instead...

Thanks again.

-- Joe