Re: Slight leaking from auto trans.

The spot you are probably refering to is the final drive portion of
the transaxle. You do not want to retorque the bolts and you certainly
do not want to remove and reseal this.The case (where it splits) does
not have a gasket, it is a special sealer. It is usually a very slow
leak. Make sure that the final drive is full and filled with 90# gear
oil. Anything thinner and it will leak faster. The other common source
of leaks is the shift cable but that will leak red trans fluid. Not
usually fast but messy. The fix is to remove the shift cable and put a
piece of heat-shrink tubing over it. P J Grady has it and I guess the
other venders do too. Make sure that the fluid levels are OK. Too high
and everything will leak, too low and things can be damaged. The final
drive and the trans are separate so they must EACH be checked as per
the manual. The output seals for the drive flanges also leak. The fix
there is to replace the seals and if the flanges are scored on the
sealing surfaces they must be machined or replaced too.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757