Re: Outside Parking

Have 9 running vehicles (soon to be 8!) but no garage. Instead have
$1,000 invested in car covers...

Am extremely partial to CoverCraft covers retailed by JC Whitney. 5
fabric choices. Advertised as custom fit: Lincolns are good, AMC are
even better, DeLorean cover truly fits like a glove. Matches contours
perfectly. Even has pockets for mirrors. Best $120 I ever spent (note
JC Whitney has perennial 15% off sale going).

My DeLo swam underwater previous trip to DC (remember all that rain
Rich Acuti was cursing...). Never missed a beat. Even discovered that
gull wing doors act like canopies! Water really only affects high
tension electricty, so as long as your ignition is weather tight you
shouldn't ever have moisture problems.

Remember that a DeLo advertised as "all new ignition" may be anything
but. Mine supposedly was, but in fact was plugs only. Distributor is
difficult to access (unless you remove upper air assembly!) -- many
third party mechanics apparently don't even try. Had terrible moisture
problems. Dewy mornings were the worst. But with new cap/rotor/wires
(and high voltage coil), defy the elements with impunity.

Speaking of old components not replaced by third party mechanics,
don't assume that "all new hoses" includes anything more than the two
formed radiator hoses. Are many more hidden and hard to reach. Are a
bigger threat than rain.

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, John Gedeon <johne_g@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to decide if I should buy a delorean or
> not and was wondering what the downfalls would be to
> parking a D outside. Would most probably get a D car
> cover and it would most likely be in a carport. (I
> live in San Diego, CA)
>
> Also what downfalls are to driving in the rain.
>
> Thanks in advance
> John
>
> =====
> <>< Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not
on your own understanding;"