Low-End Hesitation Update

Learned a great deal of information today.

I removed the entire intake manifold this evening. This is now the
third time I've done it since owning my car and I think I'm getting
quite good at it! But anyways, I separated the fuel distributor
from the venturi with the assistance of my uncle who is familiar
with Bosch Jetronic Injection Systems. He was surprised when the
plunger fell out from under it (no it didn't get damaged). I'm by
far no expert with fuel distributors, and I thought it was normal
for the plunger to come completely out, but my uncle didn't seem to
think so. (he normally works on Mercedes systems). Once thing we
noticed was a definate fuel leak from the plunger directly down into
the venturi. There was even a slight pooling of gas on the lower
housing. Anyone have and ideas if this is easily fixable (a simple
o-ring perhaps?), or do I need a new fuel distributor? Raw gas
dumping directly into the engine could definately be causing my
hesitation issues.

Cleaning the fuel injectors went well. They all opened at
approximately equal pressures, and running the cleaner through them
definately cleaned up the spray pattern.

My DeLorean is currently sitting at my uncle's shop with the intake
removed and many parts soaking in cleaner. I doubt this message
will post and I'll get replies in time for the continuation of the
work tomorrow morning, but you never know. If anyone has
suggestions, I'm happy to hear them. Thanks.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960