Re: Re: Java (Was: Vin 5386 Restoration Site Now REVAMPED!!!!!)

Re: Re: Java (Was: Vin 5386 Restoration Site Now REVAMPED!!!!!)

Moderator's note: some of the computer tech stuff is drifting away from the subject line of the mailing list. If I can't find a DeLorean connection it may not get posted.

Hi,

I'm a long time lurker, but this one thread has caused me to come out of the
cave. I've been working in the .com industry (for better and worse) for
eight years, since browser versions 3.x and such. Where I work we have 98%
user IE5 and 6 usage, 1.9% Netscape of various flavours. I say use all the
Javascript you want, as long as it's done well. There's no reason at all to
suppose that properly written and tested JS will bork browsers. We run a
sophisticated web based tool set and it has been tested on pretty much every
graphical based browser out there, even AOL 6.0 using a dialup connection on
a Mac (the acid test).

The moral of the story is, as with anything... if you're going to do
something, do it really well. Sort of the attitude that most everyone takes
when dealing with their DMC.

While I'm here I'll also say to the person that mentioned about two weeks
ago that they can't stand Montreal: I've been living in Montreal since March
of 2002 and can attest to the fact that it is an incredible city!
Incidentally are there any DMC owners in Montreal?

Cheers,
Chris

VIN - Sooner rather than later

Message: 20